Thursday, January 1, 2015

German-Language Trailer and Official Show Site Courtesy of Super RTL's Toggo

Happy new series year! We're kicking off 2015 with an all-new trailer, this one giving a taste of the German dub, as it advertises for Super RTL's airing of Inspector Gadget from January 9 onwards:



The video was uploaded yesterday by Toggo, the official YouTube channel for Super RTL's program block of the same name, which airs children's entertainment aimed at 6- to 13-year-olds in the afternoons and evenings. Of course, it's within this block the Inspector Gadget reboot will air at 19:45 (7:45 pm) every Friday and Saturday. And interestingly, Toggo's web site also has an official Inspector Gadget show section, the first I've seen for the reboot. Here's a snapshot of the main page:


All the main characters - Gadget, Penny Brain, Dr Claw, Talon, Chief Quimby and M.A.D. Cat - provide short, German-written presentations of themselves (you can see Gadget's above). Oh, and there's also an absolutely exhilarating "Agenten-Mission" game at the bottom of the page:

An exclusive Inspector Gadget video was supposed to start playing as my reward for finding and clicking on ALL
FIVE M.A.D. agents in the game (!), but nothing is showing on the screen, alas. Either the video only plays in the
German region or it doesn't play at all right now.

The site is clearly targeted towards small kids, but it's still fun to see a web page devoted to the series. I'm guessing more of these will pop up shortly on broadcasters' sites around the globe.

As for the video trailer up above, I found it quite fun. Now that more and more trailers are popping up, it's nice to finally see the animation in full 1080p HD, which it is of course intended for.

Several characters get logos for their names in the trailer, but strangely enough not Brain.
Is even Talon more important??



Yikes! What's going on here? I'm almost afraid to find out.


Always nice to see Brain and Penny working together.


I also kinda like the character presentation images on Toggo.de, which include yet another set of logo names resembling the show's title logo somewhat. Just for the heck of it, here's the whole bunch...







15 comments:

  1. The video's working now, some good clips in it... And... THE ORIGINAL GADGET TRENCH COAT!!! WOWZERS! It's in a glass case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quick screencap just in case the vid's still not working for you mesterius.-
      http://bonjourmonami.deviantart.com/art/Gadget-s-original-trench-coat-504194906?ga_submit_new=10%253A1420152513

      Delete
    2. Wow, that's interesting. As well as pretty frustrating, 'cause I would have preferred to see the original trenchcoat ON GADGET instead of in a memorial glass case! The extremely short, new trench coat is one of the design details that I still don't like, even though I can live with it.

      And no, the video is still not working on my end, for whatever reason. May I ask which browser you're using?

      Delete
    3. I managed to watch it on my ipad, so safari i suppose

      Delete
    4. ...and I just now actually managed to watch it on my Samsung Android smartphone (where I use Opera)! I've tried five different browsers on my laptop, including Chrome, Opera, Firefox, IE and Safari, but the video simply will not play. (My brother tried IE on his laptop as well, to no avail.) On my cell phone, however, it plays immediately... doesn't even include the ad at the start. I have no idea why, but this indicates that the video reward for the "Agenten-Mission" game is only playable on cell phones (or on equivalents like iPads) right now.

      Delete
  2. The reason Titus/Talon gets a title card is because this video introduces his relationship to Penny/Sophie. My German is not perfect but what they are saying is that Sophie is a top secret agent and that Titus is her only weakness. Also, Brain and Dr. Claw do get mentioned by name even if they don't get a title card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the clarification - that does make sense. I actually understand German to an extent myself, having learned it in school for several years; but I didn't catch the part where the narrator says that Penny's only weakness is Talon (I was more occupied with the visuals).

      Delete
  3. Awwww I'm excited about what I see every time I like more the design of Sophie, good Mesterius work, all the news you we are offering are appreciated, I could see it on my Iphone, the computer is impossible with any browser, perhaps in the mobile is easier for that to be compatible according to the regions 4g, 3g ... do not know! I increasingly want to see the show, Awww is great to see an original design Raincoat updated Gadget, I also think that the coat has appeal more to the original if it had been longer, but as you rightly say can live with it! certainly in my blog you can find the introduction into French of the series with his song specially composed for France. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "good Mesterius work, all the news you we are offering are appreciated"

      Thanks! :D I appreciate hearing that, it's always nice to get feedback. :) My days are getting a bit busier now than they were during Christmas, so I won't always be able to post stuff as often... but I *am* still proud of having updated daily for eight straight days, darnit!

      Good job on finding the Boomerang France Facebook stuff, by the way. :) (And nice to see that you added the link to the site in your latest post - I think it's always a good thing to get the source included for news postings.)

      Delete
  4. Curious if DHX actually created a full model for Claw (even if we never see all of it). Unlikely, but it'd be interesting if they did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mesterius and Friends! the first 3 minutes of the first episode of the series. Gadget 2.0 - What you can see here in this link france uploaded Boomerang where comment in my blog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG3oVXFv6Ao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More importantly; the French titles have... the 80s theme tune!

      Delete
  7. It's pretty cool to see more of Penny's action scenes in this clip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume you're talking about the YouTube trailer at the top? I agree, I liked those bits myself. :)

      Delete